Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Where I Have Been Lately

You may have noticed an extended absense from me.  There's a good reason.

I was in France.

Forgive me for not telling you about this trip ahead of time.  For our privacy and security, telling people about our seventeen-day trip was on a need-to-know basis.  I'm sure you understand!


We had a big birthday and a big anniversary to celebrate this year, so we decided to take a big trip.  We went to Paris five years ago, but there is so much to see, so we knew we'd have no problem filling two weeks sightseeing throughout France.  I'm very excited to share our experiences with you!

Since we had seen most of the major Parisian sights on our earlier trip, we opted to focus on revisiting our favorite places and seeing a few things we missed the first time.  Plus, we had a couple of day trips planned.

We've made several trans-Atlantic trips, and we've found the best way to spend the first day is to take a casual stroll, exploring nearby neighborhoods.  Since we caught an early flight, we arrived in the city mid-morning.  Nothing like a couple of cafes and croissants to start shaking off the jet lag!


There was a nun circling this fountain in quiet contemplation in the Place de Vosges.  I could walk circles around it, too.


Unlike most tourists, we don't rush off to the Eiffel Tower. Been there, done that. We just enjoy the nearby gardens, fountains, and monuments until we can check into our hotel, shower, and find an early dinner.

 
 
 
 
I'm linking up...

3 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for linking! Very nice post! XO
    www.lechateaudesfleurs.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Place des Vosges! You were next to where I live in Paris. I hope you had a great moment!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got back from 9 days in Paris! My honeymoon:) I hope to get more pics up soon

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments! Talk to me.