Monday, February 14, 2011

Reading Never Looked So Good

Anyone else out there think it is RIDICULOUS that Pottery Barn is selling vintage stripped books for $39 for a six inch bundle?

Seriously!

 If you want stripped books, this is what you need to do:

1. Find a handful of trashy romance novels
2. Pull the covers off
3. Toss them in the back window of your car
4. Forget about them for at least two weeks while the paper yellows in the sun
5. Tie them together with garden twine

Voila!  A "vintage" look for a fraction of the cost!

Honestly, I think bundled stripped books look like a fire-starter for a weenie roast.  Right now, I have a crush on old Reader's Digest Condensed Books.
I'm head-over-heels in love with the vintage patterns on the covers.
PB can keep their $39 stripped books.  Give me this beauty any day!
If you love these vintage lovelies as much as I do, I now have them in my Etsy shop.  They'll give your space a one-of-a-kind pop of color and texture.  Spare me the stripped books unless you are offering them with a side of s'mores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Will blog for comments! Talk to me.