Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Lamp Mini-Makeover

I fell for this lamp I found at Good Ju-Ju, a fun antique store in Kansas City's historic West Bottom District.



Husband was less than enthusiastic.  Anything too "country" makes him break out in hives.

The lamp hung out in the back room of the basement until I could decide what color to paint him.  I thought about a deep red with a black bell-shaped shade.  When I started to put together my "woman cave," I pushed a white dresser into the corner and Mr. Rooster Lamp found his home.  He looks pretty spiffy in semi-gloss black and his new linen drumshade.


Ready for your close-up, Mr. Rooster?



I'm linkin' up...

calm+breeze+banner+friday.jpg

1 comment:

  1. I love it! Don't worry, my husbands doesn't like a lot of the things I decorate with too :)

    ReplyDelete

Will blog for comments! Talk to me.